Monday, August 8, 2011

Some of My Favorite Sneakers

So I am at the hotel relaxing after what has been a stressful weekend and first day of training. I guess I wanted to take some time and give you guys some info on me!! The question I get asked the most is what are my favorite sneakers of all time. Well. Without being too similar to the Complex lists that so many are focused on lately. Im just gonna speak to some pieces.

So where to start?

Adidas T-Mac 2 ~


This was the first sneaker I had as a kid that I was SUPER proud of. Remember wearing them to watch my friends game when I was in Little League. Showing up at games in my team hat and these was a feeling I will NEVER forget. Have never felt like that much of a boss.


Reebok Answer 5 ~

So I never actually owned this shoe. I had the slip on version right before I got my T-Mac's. All of my friends had them, I remember my buddy Eric got this pair for hitting a home run in one of our little league games. I just remembered his mom cried and I was definitely jealous. Needless to say this is one of those sneakers when I was younger that was a big deal.

SVSM Lebron 7 ~

I love Lebron 7's. I love green. I love the SVSM color scheme. BUT. More than anything, I LOVED the power rangers. The green ranger was ALWAYS my favorite and for some reason these shoes remind me of just that.
Something I ALWAYS tell people is how I am about stories. All I want to do is share my love for sneakers. Most people would hear me say that I like the SVSM 7 and probably think that it is because its a sample and exclusive blah blah blah. NO SIR! I just think it would be badass if Tommy wore these to fight Lord Zedd. BOOM. THROWBACK!!!

Alright, alright. Lets talk about the big elephant in the room. No. This is not my picture. Shout to Mayor on the picture. No. I do not have all of these. Furthermore, I do NOT have ANY of the unreleased 112 sneakers. So without further ado.

112 Pack ~

I will say it time and time again. IF YOU LET CLARK KENT TOUCH A SNEAKER IT WILL TURN TO GOLD. Okay, there are sneakers Clark has done that are not the most sought after sneakers, I get that. With that being said, they all have their specific purpose, if that is not nationally or globally appreciated, trust me when I say people in NY went BONKERS over those orange and blue AF1 highs. If your a Knicks fan, that was a no brainer. Thats enough of that though. The whole 112 pack is just crazy. I know I mentioned it before, I love green, regardless of type and shade. Elephant print? Who can say no? You would be lying to yourself. 3m? just stop lying. Black suede? I MADE AN ALL BLACK SUEDE AF1. I would be lying if I said I was not obsessed with it. (Clark has since corrected me and let me know its Neon Yellow NOT green and Nubuck NOT suede. Thank you for the corrections sir.)

Clark. If you see this. You have successfully made a pack of sneakers that I view as perfect. Salutes homie. Im a 10.5 haha.

Jordan 3 "Black Cement" ~

I dont have to say much. The sneaker literally speaks for itself and has for a long time. Elephant print, red accents, black leather, air bubble, drool coming down from the corner of my mouth. You get the picture. Enjoy. Pick up 3 pairs this year. You may never get the chance again.

You all wanna know what #1 is? I mean do you really? There was no real order here. I wasnt making a list of top 5/10/15/25 or anything. I just wanted to show you some stuff I like. BUT. If we were making a list. This sneakers, this silhouette, this orgasm that forms itself to the most beautiful thing in the world. Ya, it would be on that #1 spot. Ladies and gentlemen. Queue the Ludacris!!



Nike Air Max 1 ~

I literally LOVE this sneaker. The combo of grey suede and a single colored suede as seen above is just the most, I literally cant explain it. When I look at sneakers, I always consider their longevity. How will this sneaker be viewed in 15 years is always my question. This sneaker right here, there is no question. 1987. That is all that needs to be known. This is it. This is why you have a 360 air max unit on your lebrons and trainers. This is why you have lunar foam and free runs. It ALL derived from this simple, perfectly engineered and designed running masterpiece. I know, I talk about it like its a piece of art or my first born child. To me, its just perfect, and for someone who is literally a person who lives sneakers, this is the basis for everything.

I am going to save you guys from my rambling. Most people dont enjoy it anyway. I guess I just wanted to share the whys and the whats of some stuff. Figured you guys might appreciate to hear a little about me.

I plan on opening up my inner emotions in regards to sneakers in the coming weeks and I hope you guys enjoy!!

Guru










No comments:

Post a Comment